Sunday, June 28, 2009

Its been too long

A lot has changed since I stopped posting on here in February. Graduate school wasn't what I thought or hoped it would be. I found myself fighting to find a reason why I was there, and never found one. I could no longer justify two more years of student loans for a dream I wasn't sure of anymore. I did not struggle with grades or get in fights with students or professors. I just simply wasn't happy. For me, it was a very hard decision to leave grad school. I'd never given up on something I started. But the moment the words came out of my mouth, a great weight was lifted off my chest.

If I said that becoming pregnant had nothing to do with me leaving school, it would be a lie. It did bear weight on my decision. As I thought about starting a family, I thought about the family that we had left behind in Indiana, and rarely saw. I then realized how horribly homesick I had been since the day I arrived in Pennsylvania.

For now, Billy and I are living at my parent's house in Noblesville, IN, while we both look for jobs. I haven't given up on creating art, but it is on hold. Hopefully I'll get my screen printing supplies together and work on some fun stuff in the garage here soon. I don't have the facilities to make ceramic work for now, but when the time comes, I'll be ready. In the meantime, I'll try to get some newer pictures up.

No comments: