Wednesday, November 5, 2008

I'm proud to be an American. Cliches aside, I never thought I would udder these words and actually mean it. I've never considered myself patriotic, but I now feel like a greater part of the whole. I feel like people finally got their minds on the right track and realized that this country was in some serious need of feedback and direction. I feel better about America now.

I , like many others, watched the election results come in last night. I watched McCain's goodbye-thanks-for-the-good-times-speech and Obama's Fuck-ya-America-speech. It was the first time I felt like I was actually a part of history. I mean, I remember where I was and what I was doing when I found out the twin towers were hit (I was sitting at Perkins in my hometown drinking coffee senior year of highschool cause it was ISTEP testing day or some bullshit and seniors got to come in late for school, but anyway I digress, thats what went down on 9/11 for this homegirl), but I was not a part of making that happen or had no direct relation to the incident at all. Barack Obama is the first African-American president of the United States of America. ::Pause and think. :: We can downplay that all we want but the fact is, that will be in history books and children will read that and learn about that in school one day. And we were a part of that, we watched it happen and our votes came together and counted. It's like reading about MLK, reading about the first man on the moon, first woman in congress. These are the important, non-embarrassing parts of American history. We are a part of a proud moment in American history. So Fuck You President Bush. Its time to clean up your mess.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen sister!