Tuesday, September 30, 2008

I swam beneath the whales in a sea of grass


This dream is actually a few weeks old, but vivid and memorable just the same. In this dream, I started by swimming underwater. I had limitless swimming capabilities and eased through the sea with no problems. I swam along, like a mermaid, then turned over while swimming, so that I was facing the surface above me. Thats when I realized I was swimming with whales, big generic, national geographic whales. I began to weave through the water just below them. Then, just as I began feeling comfortable with gentle giants swimming amongst me, I turned over again to see that I wasn't in water anymore. I was swimming in the sky. Beneath me was a big beautiful flowing field of tall, green grass. I then began swooping like a bird, down toward the grass, then back up toward the sky, and repeat.
I felt so free in this dream, like I had no physical barriers, not even gravity could work against me. It makes me wonder what I could do, short of becoming addicted to hallucinogens, to feel that way in day to day life. I'm not saying that I don't feel free, but I do wish to feel more emotionally and conceptually boundless. I wish there was a healthy way to feel uninhibited by my own flesh. What would you do to feel this way?

No comments: