Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A snooze dream

A snooze dream is one that you have between snoozes on the alarm clock. They can seem to be full length movies, when in reality they only last 8-10 minutes(depending on your alarm clock). My snooze dream is the only one I remember from last night's sleep. I dreamt about masturbation, or at least the dream had a lot to do with masturbation. In the dream, I was living/staying at my parents house. I was trying to take a shower in my parents bathroom when my dad opened the bathroom door and had some sort of non-important conversation, which resulted with me needing to leave the bathroom for some reason. I then went to my bedroom and laid on the floor in my towel. I was laying in front of my nightstand that houses my adult toys in my current home, but never existed in my parents home. I remember distinctly, locking my bedroom door, because my parents have privacy issues, rather, they assume anything done at home is private, therefore, EXTRA privacy seems ridiculous. Why would you need to lock a door within your own home, right? So, anyways, just as I've gotten my toys out of my box, my mother starts talking behind me and asks me in some hokey way if I'm going to masturbate (ie: Are you going to relieve/enjoy yourself?, etc). She's trying to be supercool about seeing my sex toys. Meanwhile, I blow up like a 16 year old girl on the rag. I yell at her and tell her "I locked the door/ you should respect my privacy/ you're a horrible bitch/ I hate you" (you know, normal teenage fight with mom stuff). Then I slam the door and my bedroom has kind of transformed into a conglomeration of every living room I've ever lived in. At this point I'm naked, my childhood bed is in the middle of this imagined living room, my sex toys are on the bed in the middle of this very open room. Out the window I see someone coming to my door. He walks right in and, because the room has suddenly become dark, he stumbles around looking for a light. He finds the light, turns it on.
This sudden flush of lamp light exposes my nakedness and the stranger is not taken aback. He plainly looks at me and asks where everyone is at? Suddenly, people I recognize start pouring into my house, ready for a party. Now I'm pissed because I don't remember committing to host any sort of party and because ultimately, masturbation time has been ruined!
As the party ensues, I find myself wearing a tshirt and undies. I yell at a drunk girl I went to high school with because in the dream I feel empowered, angry, and deep down- better than her. I seem to know I'm dreaming at this point, because I let everything fly and say all the things I've ever wanted to say to every person who's ever pissed me off or made me feel small. I took on the role of the loud-mouthed -"I'm gonna tell you everything people don't want to tell you because it will hurt your feelings"- kind of girl
Then, I exit the room and the loud party disappears. Next I enter the official bedroom of the dream (remember my bed is also in the middle of the living room with my sex toys on it). Here, I find my husband, his brother and wife, and a couple of their friends. Billy, Mike and Sara are waiting for me to come to bed and Adam, Tim, and Scott are sprawled on couches and the floor, within the bedroom. I crawl into bed and decide its too crowded and that I think it would be a good idea for some of us to sleep in the other bed in the living room. I get up, still wearing a tshirt and undies, and start looking through bags and piles of clothes for pants, I assume. While I'm looking for them, Mike looks at me and says, in a very -lifetime-movie-esque-creepy-way, "I think you look good just the way you are."
Enter Alarm Clock, end of storyline.
superweird.

No comments: