Thursday, October 2, 2008

VP Debate

So I just finished watching the Vice Presidential Debate and I've got a few thoughts to offer. First thought I had was, I can't believe this bitch is real. I mean, I keep waiting for her to be like," JUST KIDDING! You thought I was really running for vice president......." But alas, she is a real person and she's really a vice presidential canditate. She held her own alright, but really she wasn't anything better than average, in debate terms. Second, if she referred to McKane as a "Maverick" one more fucking time, I was gonna puke. She's very into catch phrases of sort. She's kind of like a tupperware sales lady. I imagine she tells you over and over that its dishwasher safe, doesn't scratch, won't melt in the microwave, turns leftovers into gourmet meals and all kinds of crazy shit. But she wouldn't tell you that the tupperware was made with lead tainted plastic in some slave labor factory in an impoverished country and that you have to pay for shipping by the gram. Also, she kept mentioning her domestic problem solver for the oil crisis. RAPING ALASKA'S LANDSCAPE TO GET MORE OIL THAT'S JUST GONNA RUN OUT ANYWAY AND WON'T ACTUALLY SOLVE ANY FUCKING PROBLEMS. And don't get me started on her pro-life, lets keep em in the dark, abstinence only sex education bullshit. This woman does not deserve that office and she does not represent anything that matters to me as an American or as a woman.

1 comment:

Candice Hartsough said...

hi amy! i'm spying on you. for some reason blogger won't let me add you as someone i'm "following." annoying.

i love your comparison of Palin to a tupperware saleswoman!!